Patagonia R3 Yulex 4.5/3.5 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit
Patagonia Men's Wetsuits — Size Chart
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing Patagonia wetsuits. If you have never worn a Patagonia wetsuit before we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Sizing Chart
Patagonia’s R3® Yulex® Front-Zip is for the chillier, but not frigid, surf zones around the world. R3® Yulex® Front-Zip leaves a lighter impact on the natural world while keeping you feeling warm and loose. For water temps ranging from 48-55 degrees Fahrenheit, at 4.5/3.5mm, this suit won’t flail or fail. A stretchy, neoprene-free wetsuit made for use in water temperatures: 48–55° F/9–13° C.
Patagonia’s wetsuit line has been completely redesigned this season. The new suits feature an updated patterning across the back shoulder seam for ease of motion while paddling; a wider, lower-profile internal seam tape for utmost comfort; new 100% recycled, ultra-soft polyester arm and leg linings that saves 18 water bottles per suit; 100% recycled spandex in the external and internal thermal linings; AQUAa water-based glue; and, solution-dyed linings. They’re still constructed from a neoprene-free blend of 85% Yulex® natural rubber from sources that are FSC® certified by the Rainforest Alliance (meaning the forest of hevea trees––the source of the rubber––doesn’t come from a newly cut rainforest) and 15% synthetic rubber by polymer content. All Patagonia’s wetsuits are Fair Trade Certified™ sewn (the only Fair Trade Certified™ wetsuits in the industry, by the way).
- Thickness: 4.5/3.5mm
- Neoprene: Yulex Natural Rubber/Synthetic Rubber
- Internal Lining: Recycled Polyester Jersey
- Seams: Sealed/Taped
- Zipper: Chest Zip
- Hood: None
- Model Year: 2020/2021
- Manufacturers Part Number: 88524
- Made with neoprene-free 85% Yulex natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber (by polymer content) that meets rigorous standards for performance, durability, warmth and sustainability; the natural rubber is derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council certified by the Rainforest Alliance; the synthetic rubber is chlorine-free. Fair Trade Certified sewn
- Torso/thighs/hood have solution-dyed 95% polyester (51% recycled)/5% spandex inverted microgrid thermal lining that minimizes weight, dries fast and offers excellent flexibility
- Solution-dyed, high-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey lining in the arms/legs improves flexibility and dry time; solution-dyed exterior face fabric made with 85% recycled polyester/15% spandex is durable, stretchy and water-resistant; lining and face fabric laminated with solvent-free AquaA glue
- 100% external seam sealing; all seams are triple glued and internally taped
- Supratex kneepads and ankle cuffs for maximum durability and anatomic fit
- Floating, asymmetrical front-zip with corrosion-proof Salmi zipper provides better seal and extends the suit’s lifespan; unlike other designs, zipper is replaceable
- Adjustable hood opening with cord lock and visor
- Easy-access key loop located on chest
- For temperate water ranging from 48 - 55° F / 9 - 13° C
- 1,565 g (55.2 oz)
- Made in a Fair Trade Certified facility
- Made in Thailand
This product is backed by a warranty from the manufacturer. Click below for details on the warranty policy for Patagonia products.
Patagonia Ironclad Guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order.
Cleanline Surf Wetsuit Returns
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Please refer to our full Return Policy.
How to start the process?
You can call us toll free at (888)-546-6176 or for international callers (503)-738-2061, or use our Contact page and we will get back to you via e-mail.